[support] cck,views upgrade from drupal 5 to drupal 6

Yves Chedemois yched.drupal at free.fr
Tue Jun 2 12:03:43 UTC 2009

http://drupal.org/upgrade/ has extensive informations on how to upgrade
a drupal site.

More specifically for the CCK D5->D6 upgrade, the CCK project page
http://drupal.org/project/cck has detailed step-by-step instructions.
It's important you strictly follow them, CCK D5->D6 upgrade is a little
touchy.
The most important points being :
- You must update to the latest CCK D5 release before upgrading your
site to D6.
- As for any update task, make sure you have a backup of your files and
database before you start.