[support] Using Taxonomy to filter topics / categories

Geoff D reverse.geek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 19:24:28 UTC 2009

Hi,
I've just done a Drupal search on Taxonomy and was very surprised to come up
with many modules related to this.  I was wondering if it is possible to
build a web site or blog with taxonomy so that logged in users can configure
what topics they see and hide what they don't want to see.  For example, if
I had a web site with sport categories 1) Football 2) Basketball 3)
Athletics etc, etc, if I wanted to, I would only see the posts on 1 & 2 and
not 3 if that is all I subscribed too?  Can this be easily done?
Thanks
Geoff