[support] How to Fix a Messed Up Site

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Mon May 4 04:18:39 UTC 2009

Apart from agreeing wholeheartedly with rebuilding in D6 and importing, In
cases like this, I thought it could be interesting to share what methods
people use for porting nodes.

I recently used the Views Bonus Pack CVS output to export from the legacy D5
site, and node_import the output file directly into the D6 site. I have also
used xmlrpc with the Services module, and also with the stock xmlrpc
functionality that comes with Drupal core, as outlined in Pro Drupal
Development.

Naturally I have also used custom scripts.

Anyone else have other ideas?

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar
http://projectflowandtracker.com