[support] CPU usage

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Wed May 13 15:23:13 UTC 2009

It would help if I knew what the CPU usage actually was. Perhaps my site
is just very badly configured (e.g. I didn't even have caching enabled).

Also, the problem is not *technically* that I'm hitting a CPU quota.
What happens is that we have a lot of requests coming from the same IP
address (which is used by a number of schools, which are our customers).
So the firewall at the server decides that this IP is mounting a DOS
attack, so it blocks the IP, hence blocking our customers.

I spoke with support, and they said if the CPU usage went down, it would
reduce the chances of that school IP being blocked in the future. And
that's how I ended up here asking about CPU usage.

Cheers,
Daniel.