[support] CPU usage

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Fri May 15 14:08:07 UTC 2009

Nicolas Tostin wrote:
> Regarding Mosso, I'll understand their basic plan will fit you ?
> It's 50GB HD, 500GB Bandwith and 10000 compute cycles for $100, so it looks
> good for your usage ?

I must have made a mistake. I calculated the cost and I got a very
different value:

500*0.25 + 50*0.25 + 10000*0.01 = $350/mo.

Where did I go wrong?

> Regarding Acquia, they will provide hosting later this year with Fields and
> Garden, see http://acquia.com/community/projects/acquia-2009-roadmap

Thanks.

I've spoken with my employer, and he actually likes the managed
dedicated server idea after all. It looks like the £200-300/mo I quoted
him doesn't sound so bad to him. So we might go that route.

Daniel.