[support] CPU usage

Nicolas Tostin nicolast at logis.com.mx
Fri May 15 15:02:22 UTC 2009

> > Regarding Mosso, I'll understand their basic plan will fit you ?
> > It's 50GB HD, 500GB Bandwith and 10000 compute cycles for $100, so it
looks
> > good for your usage ?
>
> I must have made a mistake. I calculated the cost and I got a very
> different value:
>
> 500*0.25 + 50*0.25 + 10000*0.01 = $350/mo.
>
> Where did I go wrong?

Don't know where you got these numbers, see their pricing page
http://www.mosso.com/pricing.jsp
Start at $100, extra GB of storage is $0.5, extra GB of bandwith is $0.25

What I'm not really sure is how the compute cycle will stand, for exemple,
I'm building a web site which abuse of views, and some dashboard admin page
generates hundreds of queries... I know I should optimize this but the
optimization will cost me a lot of time so if it doesn't hurt so much the
bill it's ok...
But I think you'll have to evaluate this to be sure not to explode the
compute cycles in Mosso.