[support] set node to belong to heirarchy of a specific content type

Benjamin Jacob ben4asterisk at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 16:24:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am not sure if this support mailing list is the place for this query.
If not, please direct me to the correct place.

I have a content type, say "User".
Each User belongs to a "Place".

Now this "Place" content type has different types in itself : Country, State/Province, Area.
Each of this place type has it's own node page with information about that place.

Through node references, etc. I can specify a user to belong to one place.
So e.g. User A belongs to Bombay (which is a child of node India).
Thus User A also belongs to India.
So if I have to have a count of all users within India, I should get a count of ppl in all places within India (e.g. Bombay, Delhi, etc.).

I looked around but could not find anything that could help me out with this.
Taxonomy just create categories. For me, each category is a node in itself!

Help!!

Regards
- Ben.