[support] File Attachment Problem

Ryan Yip ryan.g.yip at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:12:50 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm an undergraduate student currently working with other undergraduates on
a project for architecture students taking a class in digital design. The
students upload their designs in the form of .jpg attachments inside of the
comment content type within a post called assignment 1, 2, 3...   Uploaded
images are shown via the Brilliant Gallery module.

We have been having trouble attaching files recently. The site was working
fine the day before this attachment problem appeared. As far as I can tell,
the changes that were made to the site include:

   - Modules folder permissions changed for all developer access,
   - CSS in the Brilliant Gallery module changed so that no background
   showed around each image, and
   - the new version of Token was installed.

The currently installed modules are listed below:

   - FileField
   - FileField Paths
   - Category
   - Gradebook
   - ImageAPI
   - ImageCache
   - Brilliant Gallery
   - Comment Upload
   - Lightbox 2
   - Token
   - Upload Preview
   - Upload Path
   - User Import

Upload Path is a module that routes the file attached to a specific content
type to a specific folder, therefore allowing brilliant gallery to create a
gallery out of the images from a specific title.

*Problem*:
Any attachments to the assignment content type are not attached, but when
checking via a terminal connection / SSH / or SFTP access are uploaded to
the files folder designated by the system. The files are not routed to the
correct location as designated by the Upload Path module. When checking in
the phpMyAdmin, the file is not attached to a specific node. Are they
supposed to be attached to the nodes?

*My Working Hypotheses*:
1) there might be a permissions problem. The comment upload works and routes
to the specific folder correctly but the regular attachments are not
attaching. (FYI: Comment Upload is a specific module that is different from
the built-in Upload module but utilizes the features.)
2) the updated token module might have affected the workings of Upload Path.

If there is some other information you need including checking out the site
for yourself  just let me know and I'll set up a special username and
password.

The site is located at http://fasttex-dev.diia.utexas.edu/drupal_dev/dri.

Thanks for any help you can give me,
Ryan Yip