[support] Drupal files synchronization

Mark Shropshire mdshrops at shropnet.net
Thu Oct 22 12:11:01 UTC 2009

Ivan,

I would think that rsync would be a good way to do this with a good
bit of testing. If a user deletes a file, rsync could delete it on the
other servers. You would still rely on daily backups in case something
goes wrong or a user deletes something they should not have deleted.

I have used rysnc, but not for several prod servers behind a load
balancer. I have used it to sync sites/site.com/files between prod,
test and dev and it does work. rsync has many command switches so make
sure to read up on it and set it up with the switches you need.

Mark