[support] D5: Email rembember password in language different from English in a Multilanguage site

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Tue Sep 1 10:32:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:51:29 +0200
Michel Morelli <michel at ziobuddalabs.it> wrote:

> Hi all. I need to do some change in a multilanguage site (I have
> not created and setup-ed it). The site is configurate to respond
> in italian language when the user see "it/" path.
>
> One of the problem that I need to resolv is in the remember
> password email that it is sent always in english and not in
> Italian language even though the user is in
> "it/user/password" (note it/ ).
>
> Where is the problem ?

The "problem" is here:

function _user_mail_text($messageid, $variables = array()) {

  // Check if an admin setting overrides the default string.
  if ($admin_setting = variable_get('user_mail_'. $messageid,
  FALSE)) {
    return strtr($admin_setting, $variables);
  }

If you've different default the t() function isn't called, rather a
simple substitution is made.

Right now I don't see any other "quick" option other than patching
core.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it