[support] Node gallery mysterious file upload limit

Alexander Arul alexander.arul at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 08:26:41 UTC 2009

Hi All,

content type, I'm enabling 7 file upload fields. However, when I try to
upload a couple of files or a single file which together total *more than
1MB*, a javascript alert pops up, saying "*An HTTP error 0 occurred.
/node_gallery/upload/js*". The upload will not proceed after that.
Uploads *under
1MB are fine*.

2) This problem only occurs only on the Development server, but on my local
sandbox I am able to upload using all 7 or part of the file upload fields.

3) The modules installed and and their configs do vary for each server, but
I've tried to make both servers as identical as possible where node gallery,
image cache, permissions and file uploads are concerned. Thus I'm starting
to think that this may be actually a server issue.

4) As you can see from my data below, I've set my Dev server upload limits
all the way up to 256Mb. But somewhere somehow there is a hidden limit of
1Mb that eludes me.

Here are the details of Development Server and my local Sandbox server. I am
providing extensive data as far as possible, so that we can get to the
solution quickly. Thanks in advance! :)

*DEVELOPMENT SERVER (The one that fails on >1M uploads):*

*hardware:* linux+ nginx + php-fpm + apc

*php settings*:
memory_limit: 256M
post_max_size: 256M
upload_max_filesize: 256M
max_input_time: 60
max_execution_time: 100
*
apc settings*
apc.max_file_size: 256M
*
Relevant modules:
* Upload (core)
Node Gallery*
*Imagecache (all sub modules execept command line support)

devel(maybe relevant?)
*
***
*SANDBOX SERVER (where uploading images with 7 file fields is no problem):*

*hardware*: windows + apache + php  (acquia drupal stack)
*
**php settings*:
memory_limit: 128M
post_max_size: 32M
upload_max_filesize: 256M
max_input_time: 60
max_execution_time: 300
*
apc settings*
NOT INSTALLED

*drupal modules & settings for the above modules*
I've been over this many times, both servers are nearly identical.

Thanks guys!
Alex