[support] File linking question

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Fri Sep 18 18:15:29 UTC 2009

Leslie, it is possible/likely (???) that functionality you desire will be
built right into core for Drupal 7. See this article:

http://www.advomatic.com/blogs/aaron-winborn/stream-wrappers-and-you

Possibilities that might help you now with Drupal 6, I stress maybe...

http://drupal.org/project/media_mover
http://drupal.org/project/media
http://drupal.org/project/filefield

Also, it is possible there already is an easy way to do this that is handled
by a particular module I don't know about. Do let us know if you find
something else that isn't mentioned here.

Shai