[support] node reference as text field

sivaji j.g sivaji2009 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 07:59:52 UTC 2009

I would like to have node reference to work like text field sometimes. I am
developing a social networking site. One of the content type in my site is
"Event" it has two autocomplete node reference field to content type "venue"
and "band" respectively. (Registered users are allowed to create nodes of
any content type).

The thing i would like to achieve here is the "band" and "venue" field in
"Event" content type should turn into normal text field when the node being
referred is not in the auto-complete list. Is there any module or API
function to do this ?

I found nr_autocomplete [1] module in google search which does something
similar to what i need but it is available only for drupal 5. Please share
your thoughts on this.

[1] http://drupal.org/project/nr_autocomplete

--
Thanks