[support] users profiles and views

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Tue Sep 22 22:13:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am working on a site where we have users with cck profiles (using
content-profile). I want to have a list of users in a grid view, with
just the profile image and title displayed in the grid, with links to
the user's home page.

The problem I'm having is that user views only allow you to display the
view as fields, not as nodes, so I can't see an easy way of doing this.

I tried a solution where the view lists the users' profile nodes instead
of their user pages, which works reasonably well, but isn't quite right,
because (e.g.) if the user has a blog, the profile page doesn't show
their blog.

I can probably find a way of making it work, but it seems like a
situation where there are lots of things pulling and pushing in
different directions, so I thought I would ask for help on what's the
simplest way of doing this.

See:

http://base.tikvanet.org:8001/experiment/

for a demo of the site.