[support] Change Layout of attached files to nodes

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Mon Aug 2 13:53:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just learning drupal and some items are not clear for me.
To get different types of file attachable to nodes I create with CCK
several new filefield fields (field_file_docu - to hold documentation
attachments, field_file_firmware - to hold firmwares for this node,
field_file_other - to hold other files).
I selected in CCK to number of values to unlimited, so I can add more
then one file in each catagory. I added a group to group all downloads.

If I create now a new content with the fields added I can upload files
and they are displayed together with the node, very nice.

But I do not like the way the attachments are displayed, I prefer a
table view and I want to have more fields like download count, license
and more fields displayed. For license I have no idea how I can add such
a meta information to a attached file.

I think I have to do this with views, but I played a little with it and
was not successfully.

Could please anyone explain or point me to a documentation that explains
how I can change the layout for all attached files (filefield) in all
nodes (globally).

Thanks,
Matthias

Rich Cook