[support] Backlinks and URL aliases

Lev Lafayette lev at vpac.org
Wed Aug 11 06:39:23 UTC 2010

Hello fellow Drupalites,

I have a Drupal 6 install with Views for an internal website. I would like to add the backlinks functionality.

I have enabled Drupal's core search module as that is what backlinks calls. The site has been reindexed since enabling Backlinks in Views and cron has been updated.

Following a bit of testing it seems an absolute URL path is required in any links rather than path aliases.

So instead of adding a friendly "link-to-node-2" as a URL path alias, for backlinks to function I need to add https://example.com/drupal6/node/2

This is not good. Does anyone know of alternatives?

Thanks in advance,

Lev

--
Lev Lafayette, Systems Administrator, Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing, lev at vpac.org
"If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context. This will make sure readers understand when they start to read your response."  RFC 1855