[support] How to run a script when a node is added for a custom module

Sarah Vardy s.vardy1 at uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 26 23:32:29 UTC 2010

I am currently developing a module for the audio module to enable RTMP
streaming and FFMPEG encoding.

I am wondering what the best approach is to run the scp command (like flash
video) when an audio node is added (to add the file to an RTMP server)? Can
I use hook_form_alter to run this command? I am looking through the Drupal
API at the moment. I also want to run an ffmpeg command as well when the
node is added to encode the media for storage on the rtmp server.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

scarer