[support] custom trigger

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Wed Dec 1 14:32:05 UTC 2010

I may not understand the problem completely, but it seems that what you
need are conditions attached to the existing events.

With Rules, you would hook onto the 'new node' event and set up
conditions to test for, e.g., the type of the node created, the status
of the user, and so on. You can even test for the value of a cck field.
So your options are pretty granular for restricting your action to fire
only under certain conditions.

UC conditional actions is a bit more work, and in my experience a little
less flexible. You would need to find an event that suits your purpose,
or implement a new one. Then you would probably need to write your own
conditions, since UC doesn't provide many useful ones out of the box.