[support] Preserving old urls after migration

Franz Iberl f.iberl at amazonas-box.de
Mon Dec 20 08:21:55 UTC 2010

Am 20.12.10 00:23, schrieb Mutuku Ndeti:
> Hi,
>
> I am migration from a non drupal site to  a drupal site.  I want when users
> still access the old urls (in the form index.php?cat=cat1&id-23) to be
> forwarded to the new drupal urls.
>
> How do I do this

I suppose the 'old' site has a lot of content?
Then it should be done by server redirection, the same method Drupal uses to manage arbitrary path names.
With Apache e.g. there are rewrite statements possible in the .htacess configuration.

But to get this on a larger scale the content migration needs to be done very systematic to make such a rewrite statement possible.

On the other hand, if the number of pages is not too high it might be faster just to manually enter an alias path for the respective pages.

Servus
   Franz

--
http://amazonas.the-dot.de