[support] Preserving old urls after migration

Lev Lafayette lev at vpac.org
Sun Dec 19 23:41:59 UTC 2010

----- "Mutuku Ndeti" <jnmutuku at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am migration from a non drupal site to a drupal site. I want when
> users still access the old urls (in the form index.php?cat=cat1&id-23)
> to be forwarded to the new drupal urls.
>
> How do I do this

There is no easy way to change between different content management
systems.

I would suggest making VERY CAREFUL use of the Scanner module.

http://drupal.org/project/scanner

Back up your database and backup often with unique file names!

Hope this helps!

--
Lev Lafayette, Systems Administrator, Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing, lev at vpac.org
"If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context. This will make sure readers understand when they start to read your response."  RFC 1855