[support] user lookup module

Steve Kessler skessler at denverdataman.com
Sun Jan 3 18:17:41 UTC 2010

There are many options for this.

I generally solve this using views with an exposed  filter to search for
things like user name or other profile fields. Often searching by a real
name or an email is more valuable to me or my clients.

When you create the view you want to make it a view of users rather than
nodes. Using this method you can create filters for anything having to do
with your users and the way they use your site that is exposed to views.

You can also use Drupal search. You could modify the output files for your
theme to add an edit button for the appropriate users when someone is found
using search.

These are two easy methods. Hope they help.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Kessler
Denver DataMan
303-587-4428
Sign up for the Denver DataMan Free eNewsletter