[support] Cron problems

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Sun Jan 3 23:36:00 UTC 2010

Domenic Santangelo wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2010, at 2:48 PM, Daniel Carrera wrote:
>
>> There was no $base_url set, but setting it did not fix the links. I
>> tried clearing the cache but that didn't help, but then again, maybe it
>> was giving me the cached page from the usual site. How do I clear the
>> cache manually? Is it save to just write "DELETE * FROM <...>" for every
>> cache_* table?
>
> Check the url_alias table -- are the aliases set to the production path?

Grr... The problem is deeper than I thought. I did the following test:

1. Edit a page on the live site: example.org/live/foo
2. Visit the page on the backup: example.org/backup/foo
3. The two pages are the same... WTF??

My first thought is that settings.php in the backup is still pointing to
the live database... nope. So I figure that it must be the browser cache.

<insert rant about Firefox moving the cache settings AGAIN and wasting
20 minutes trying to find them>

So I finally clear the Firefox cache and visit example.org/backup/foo
and guess what I find? A blank page. No error, nothing. Looks as if PHP
just dies. As for WHY the browser kept showing me pages from a different
URL, I have no idea.

<daniel kicks his computer>

I'm really tempted to throw my computer out the window.

Daniel.