[support] Cron problems

KOBA | Hans Rossel hans.rossel at koba.be
Sun Jan 3 23:55:03 UTC 2010

You could check in the php error log on the server what the error is, but if
you get a white page it might just be that you don't have a good copy of
your database. I'm not sure how you imported your database but phpmyadmin is
not so good at that. You could use bigdump or an alternative approach using
backup_migrate module.

   1. Install backup_migrate on the live site, take a backup with it
   2. Copy all files to the test site
   3. Replace on test settings.php with a new fresh copy from
   default.settings.php and do a new fresh install of Drupal
   4. Enable on the fresh install the backup migrate module and restore the
   backup

As for the cache, you can truncate all tables starting with cache_ in the
database or use the function
http://api.drupal.org/api/function/cache_clear_all/6

Hans
www.koba.be

2010/1/4 Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at theingots.org>

> Domenic Santangelo wrote:
> > On Jan 3, 2010, at 2:48 PM, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> >
> >> There was no $base_url set, but setting it did not fix the links. I
> >> tried clearing the cache but that didn't help, but then again, maybe it
> >> was giving me the cached page from the usual site. How do I clear the
> >> cache manually? Is it save to just write "DELETE * FROM <...>" for every
> >> cache_* table?
>
> <daniel kicks his computer>
>
> I'm really tempted to throw my computer out the window.
>
> Daniel.

Hans Rossel
KOBA Webdesign bvba
Beukenlaan 56