[support] [OT ?] A good ISP for a 200.000+ page views site.

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:49:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Michel Morelli <michel at ziobuddalabs.it> wrote:
> Vivek Khurana ha scritto:
>>  Your question is very abstract, we need more data like
>>
>>  -- target countries of the portal
>>
> Italy for the moment.

 My experience is when your app is focused on one country, hosting
server in that country gives lot of speed benefits. I for instance,
host all my India specific apps in India and ensure that the server
has latency in the range of 85ms to 120 ms, anywhere in India. This
becomes crucial when serving non text data such as images.
 So my suggestion will be to look for a datacenter in Italy, and test
the latency before buying the services and have the datacenter sign an
SLA with maximum latency for Italian visitors, for this you can search
for Italy specific ISP/broadband forums.

regards
Vivek