[support] [OT ?] A good ISP for a 200.000+ page views site.

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Jan 7 00:33:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 13:22:24 -0600
Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:

> I'd also recommend focusing on "managed VPS" hosts.  They'll cost
> a bit more than an unmanaged host or a shared host, but it's a
> good balance between having your own "server" (and therefore being
> able to customize it) and not having to maintain your own server
> (the web host is responsible for security updates to Apache and
> PHP and such).  I don't know any in Italy off hand, but I'm sure
> there are some with data centers in your area.

I've a VPS with drupal installed on seeweb.it but it's not very
heavily tested to recommend it. I just can say it works.

They have been several times in the netcraft top10 for uptime.

The customer care has been prompt, helpful and kind.

What I really started to hate about their VPS (managed) is plesk.

Right now they don't offer any more "plain" VPS but VPS on cloud...
They have a webfarm in Milan that may come handy for Michel.
Give a shout on #linux-it. Last time I checked there was at list one
of their famous employee.

I'd suggest you check in the local Linux community. There are some
people that offer that kind of service or at least you'd find some
good advice.

As others said if your user base is local, go for a local service.
Reliability and latency of connection may be more important than box
speed.

[1] maybe still right now, but I haven't seen him on #linux-mi for a
long time, so maybe he moved...

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it