[support] Configuring yui and yui_editor modules on a per role basis.

Matt Friedman matt.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:00:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get yui_editor working correctly for a specific role. The role
is is called content_admin. I only want this specific role to be able to use
the yui editor. I don't want site users to see it otherwise.

Everything seems to work well. When I try to edit existing content the
editor appears and all is well. When I add new content the editor does not
appear and I only see the plain text editing area.

I have set the role to have permission to use the yui editor. I have set the
correct content type for the new content and associated with the right role
using the better_formats module.

I have setup the yui_editor profile to included the content_admin role.

I've setup any setting that I can find to make sure the editor will show up
when creating a new piece of content.

And yet, the editor doesn't show up.

Any help?

Thanks,