[support] Memcache + hierarchical select, and anon users

Domenic Santangelo domenics at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 19:20:23 UTC 2010

Hi all,

So I've set up memcache a million times but have run into a problem I can't seem to figure out. I'm using hierarchical_select.module on a site, and when I enable memcache, just that piece breaks. I know HS does a bunch of form submissions via ajax to update its list on the node form, but that's about as far as I've gotten. Has anyone else battled with this before or have any advice?

Additionally, I'd like to get the anonymous user count, but the current Admin/admin toolbar module won't provide it when memcache is enabled, I'm guessing because sessions are in memcache. Anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks for your time,
-Domenic