[support] best way to restore nodes

Justin Gruenberg justin.gruenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 21:46:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Lluís <enboig at gmail.com> wrote:
> I accidentally deleted some nodes of my site long ago. Now I need to
> restore them. I have the database backup, but the site have new nodes,
> so I would need to export the nodes with its nid, and then insert
> them.
> Which tables contain node information besides {node} and
> {node_revision}? Is it enough if I "INSERT INTO {node} ..." and
> "INSERT INTO {node_revisions} ..." my nodes?

That would restore the basic info about the node (title, body,
create/modify date, author).

If you have taxonomy terms, you'll need term_node (where the nid is in
your set).  If you have cck fields, you'll need the content_(field
name) (for nid in your set).

I certainly could have missed something... you really want to test
this before you do it on the live site.  You might want to look into
the migrate and table wizard modules.