[support] Bizarre behavior with uploaded PDF files

Chuck D'Antonio chuck at acquia.com
Thu Jan 21 01:02:02 UTC 2010

Bob,

I'm too paranoid to click your links with the current PDF exploits that are
in the wild (no offense), but it sounds like one of three things to me:

   1. Your web server may not have the proper file type information for the
   PDF file type (in other words, the file mime.types in your web server
   configuration doesn't have the mapping "application/pdf     pdf" in it).
   2. The files don't all have a PDF extension on them.
   3. Your brower somehow lost either the mapping of application/pdf to
   Acrobat or the mapping of the .pdf extension to Acrobat.

Chuck

 <http://acquia.com> *Chuck D'Antonio*
Sr. Director Professional Services
Acquia - www.acquia.com