[support] module to let user chose if a node is private

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Wed Jul 7 14:45:25 UTC 2010

There are several others worth looking at; we've used workflow access
(part of the Workflow module) to create draft states; for some sites, we
have then created a "control panel" that completely removes the default
workflow UI from end users.

There's also http://drupal.org/project/nodeaccess_userreference and
http://drupal.org/project/nodeaccess_userreference - I don't know if
they will fit your use case, but they can provide (yet another) way of
looking at how people have solved issues related to node access.

Cheers,

Bill