[support] Panels or block ?

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Mon Mar 1 15:13:02 UTC 2010

Michel,

Panels are created "per page", sort of. However, with panels' "contexts,"
which is sort of like a Views argument, you can make one panel page apply to
an unlimited number pages that have the same "context." For example, you
could have a panel that shows node content for that node and then a view in
the block that uses that the user id of the author of that node as the
argument for the view in the block. That might show other recent content
written by that author. So you only have one panel page in that situation,
but it generates dynamic results for every node displayed.

Panels is incredibly powerful. There is definitely a serious learning curve
for it. Personally, I think it is worth the learning curve.

I can't comment on performance.

Shai