[support] Multi-Site question

Michel Morelli michel at ziobuddalabs.it
Sat Mar 13 10:50:06 UTC 2010

Daniel Carrera ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in the multi-site feature but I have questions.
>
> I have a Drupal site for students to upload work. The problem is that
> all schools use the same site and now teachers want to be able to reset
> student passwords which requires admin rights.
>
> If I had a multi-site, each school could have its own site and the
> teachers could be admins. That sounds good, but I have some concerns:
>
> 1) MIGRATION:
>
> How can I transfer user accounts to the new sites?

copy table users

Hi, have you tried http://drupal.org/project/backup_migrate ?

> 2) DRAWBACKS:
>
> Are there any drawbacks I should know about?
>
> I imagine that I would lose the ability to do an over-all search among
> all the sites. I can live with that. Maintenance would be more difficult
> because I'd have to create a new site every time we get a new school,
> but that seems manageable.

No no no.
Multisite in drupal is maked with a subdirectory of sites/ path.
One directory for one site.

Example:
sites/classA/settings
                   /module
                   /themes

sites/classB/settings
                   /module
                   /themes

And for global modules and themes:

sites/all/themes
             /modules

Read http://drupal.org/node/43816

M.

Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli                       michel at ziobuddalabs.it
Sviluppo applicazioni CMS DRUPAL e web dinamiche (LAMP+Ajax)
Telefono: 0200619074
Telefono Cell: +39-3939890025 --  Fax: +39-0291390660

http://www.ziobudda.net                         ICQ: 58351764
http://www.ziobuddalabs.it                      Skype: zio_budda
http://www.ziodrupal.net       			MSN: michel at ziobuddalabs.it
						JABBER: michel at ziobuddalabs.it