[support] Multi-Site question

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Sat Mar 13 12:16:44 UTC 2010

Michel Morelli wrote:
>> 1) MIGRATION:
>>
>> How can I transfer user accounts to the new sites?
>>
> copy table users

Thanks. That helps a lot. I can copy individual rows from the users
table and that way I can move each user to their corresponding academy.

It's extra work, but what matters is that it's doable. Excellent.

I hope I can do something similar with the content. I guess I need to
make a list of tables with content (e.g. node, node_revisions, etc).

>> How can I transfer existing content?
>>
>> Moving users and accounts to their respective sites seems quite
>> difficult. I don't know what I can do there.
>>
> Hi, have you tried http://drupal.org/project/backup_migrate ?

Thanks. That could be useful.

>> 2) DRAWBACKS:
>>
>> Are there any drawbacks I should know about?
>>
>> I imagine that I would lose the ability to do an over-all search among
>> all the sites. I can live with that. Maintenance would be more difficult
>> because I'd have to create a new site every time we get a new school,
>> but that seems manageable.
>>
> No no no.
> Multisite in drupal is maked with a subdirectory of sites/ path.
> One directory for one site.

Yeah, but I still have to run the installer, login as admin, and
re-configure everything. Right? Or am I missing something?

> Read http://drupal.org/node/43816

*Click*  Thanks! A lot of information there.

Thanks for the help.

Daniel.