[support] Failed Upgrade to 6.16

Lanny Trager lanny at cybernex.net
Sun Mar 14 17:09:42 UTC 2010

Fellow List Members,

After an upgrade to 6.16 with Upgrade.txt open and followed to the
letter I received the following error;

    * user warning: Table 'redacted_org_-_drupal.semaphore' doesn't
      exist query: lock_may_be_available /* admin :
      lock_may_be_available */ SELECT expire, value FROM semaphore WHERE
      name = 'menu_rebuild' in /var/www/html/drupal/includes/lock.inc on
      line 154.
    * user warning: Table 'redacted_org_-_drupal.semaphore' doesn't
      exist query: lock_may_be_available /* admin :
      lock_may_be_available */ SELECT expire, value FROM semaphore WHERE
      name = 'menu_rebuild' in /var/www/html/drupal/includes/lock.inc on
      line 154.

I found this page: http://drupal.org/node/732024 comment #45 looked like
it might be a good starting point for me, but when I got to the update
page neither 6054 nor 6055 were present in the system module drop-down.

Applied the Bootstrap patch from this page:
http://drupal.org/node/732064  to bootstrap.inc, different errors but
lots more of them, reverted back to original bootstrap.inc re-ran
update.php and now back to the original errors as above.

Additionally, Drupal is reporting the wrong version, it thinks I'm on
6.14 not 6.16.  The original install of this site was 6.15.

Anyone else had this problem or know of a solution that I have not found?

Thanks

P.S. redacted and admin do not reflect what is actually in the message,
names where changed to protect the innocent