[support] Fwd: Unable to play video in Private mode

Steve Edwards killshot91 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 18:58:12 UTC 2010

The more l look at this, the more I think it's an issue with the player itself not being able to recognize the alias created by Drupal (mysite.com/system/files/videos/TS1.flv in this case), so the alternative is to use the Public method and then lock down the directory via Apache.  Does anybody see a problem with this approach?

Also, if anybody has any examples that they've used for something like this in .htaccess, that would be great.  I'm Googling and reading up on it myself, but any real life Drupal examples would be great.

Thanks.

Steve

Begin forwarded message: