[support] Unable to play video in Private mode

Steve Edwards killshot91 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 03:08:48 UTC 2010

I would like to use the Private file system with SWFTools and CCK to display some videos, but when I do, I get an error saying the file doesn't exist.  I'm suing SWFTools 6.2.5 with FlowPlayer3.  Web root is /home5/basicsfo/public_html/drupal, and the files directory is set to /home5/basicsfo/public_html/drupalfiles.  Permissions are set to writable on drupalfiles and videos directories.  I have a Video CCK type with a filefield (File Upload widget) for uploading the videos.  The path for the field is et to videos (i.e. /home/basicsfo/public_html/drupalfiles/videos), and the option for the field in Display Settings is SWF Tools.  When I upload the .flv files, it gets stored in the files table with the correct path, but the file is not actually put in drupalfiles/videos.  But even if I manually upload the file to that directory, I still get an "200 Stream not found NetSTream.Play.Streamnotfound clip: [Clip] "http://mysite.com/system/files/videos/TS1.flv".  If I use the Public upload method and upload to sites/default/files/videos, everything works fine.    Is there something else I need to set up to get the uploading and playing to work properly?

Thanks.

Steve