[support] What makes WP sites popular as compared to drupal sites ?

Nilesh Govindarajan lists at itech7.com
Mon May 3 02:18:34 UTC 2010

On 05/03/2010 01:29 AM, Amala Singh wrote:
> You are wrong. Wordpress is quite simple blog system and not a CMS.
> For eg, Tamil.net I cannot imagine a simple blog system.
>
> On 2 May 2010 20:15, Nilesh Govindarajan <lists at itech7.com
> <mailto:lists at itech7.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I've been using Drupal for quite a long time, since D5 was on.
>     I have used WordPress also, but in general I have observed that,
>     WordPress made sites become popular very easily, but inspite of having a
>     lot of content in Drupal, the site doesn't get much hits.
>
>     I don't think its because of theme or some UI related issue.
>
>     Let's discuss this !
>
>     --
>     Nilesh Govindarajan
>     Site & Server Administrator
>     www.itech7.com <http://www.itech7.com>
>     मेरा भारत महान !
>     मम भारत: महत्तम भवतु !
>     --
>     [ Drupal support list | http://lists.drupal.org/ ]

> Nandri(Thanks in Tamil),
> Amala Singh

The discussion here is not of a CMS or blog. BTW, Wordpress plugins
extend it to be a good CMS as far as I know. I have no ill-wills against
Drupal, infact Drupal is infinitely better than others in many aspects.

But this issue bothers me like anything. Any ideas ?

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator