[support] How to access a user id & nickname from PHP ?

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Fri May 7 14:24:51 UTC 2010

Hi again,

So I've build this CCK node with various fields, some of them are
userreferences. I want to access some values from PHP (in a custom CCK
computedfield), but it doesn't seem to work:

- I can access e.g. the date from my field_date using
$node->field_date[0]['value'];

- If I try to access a user from field_proprio, I get nothing. I tried
$node->field_proprio[0]['value'] and
$node->field_proprio_uid[0]['value'] but none of them work.

Could anyone tell me how I can access a user, or which bit of the
copious Drupal doc I should look at ?

Thanks,
	Xav