[support] Good Drupal book recommandation ? (SOLVED: How to access a user id & nickname from PHP ?)

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Fri May 7 15:30:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 16:24 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> So I've build this CCK node with various fields, some of them are
> userreferences. I want to access some values from PHP (in a custom CCK
> computedfield), but it doesn't seem to work:
>
> - I can access e.g. the date from my field_date using
> $node->field_date[0]['value'];
>
> - If I try to access a user from field_proprio, I get nothing. I tried
> $node->field_proprio[0]['value'] and
> $node->field_proprio_uid[0]['value'] but none of them work.
>
> Could anyone tell me how I can access a user, or which bit of the
> copious Drupal doc I should look at ?

Sorry for wasting your time reading these two emails, I finally googled
successfully for an answer.
For those interested: $node->field_proprio[0]['uid']

I'm sure there are many other veery interesting things in Drupal. As I
have a little problem to read big docs on-screen, does anyone have a
good book recommandation for people who know want to do advanced things
(like module creation) with Drupal ?

Thanks,

	Xav