[support] using generated url as argument in a view

Carlos Costa ccosta at gmail.com
Mon May 10 14:57:39 UTC 2010

Hello all!

I'm creating a database of musicians, and each musician will have a
couple of pages (abstract, biography, gallery, news). My plan is have
some different views per artist, and show only the information I need:

/artists/name-of-the-artist -> abstract
/artists/name-of-the-artist/biography -> biography

and so on.

My doubt here is defining the argument of the view. I don't find an
option in the arguments that define the url "name-of-the-artist". What
can I do to solve this?. If I could parse the url, I could extract the
"name-of-the-artist" and convert it to a nid, for example.

Thanks in advance,
  Carlos.