[support] how to set pagename for frontpage

Michel Morelli michel at ziobuddalabs.it
Fri May 21 11:41:16 UTC 2010

Jo (Drupal Acct) ha scritto:
> I am having diffculty with internal links within my site, my front page
> is populated by the drupal blog amongst other things, but i dont seem to
> be able to assign it a pagename ie index.
>
> in site information, i can only put node as my default front pagename,
> it wont accept blanks, nor will it accept index.html, index.php.
>
> by having node it means some of my links to the home page are
> mydomain.co.uk others are mydomain.co.uk/node
>
> how can i fix this? (drupal 6)

I think that you need to use url aliases (admin/build/path) to define
alias for old nodes and for new nodes the pathauto module.
Ah, you could get and install a module called pathauto_bacth
(http://drupal.org/node/201151) to transform in one click node/XXX to
"alias" for the old nodes too.

Hope this help.

M.

Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli                       michel at ziobuddalabs.it
Sviluppo applicazioni CMS DRUPAL e web dinamiche (LAMP+Ajax)
Telefono: 0200619074
Telefono Cell: +39-3939890025 --  Fax: +39-0291390660

http://www.ziobudda.net                         ICQ: 58351764
http://www.ziobuddalabs.it                      Skype: zio_budda
http://www.ziodrupal.net       			MSN: michel at ziobuddalabs.it
						JABBER: michel at ziobuddalabs.it