[support] Best version control practices

Kevin Davison kevin at quevin.com
Fri May 28 18:24:03 UTC 2010

I'm a proponent of packaging settings into code (out of the DB) with the Features module, along with sharing content changes between development and production (either way) with Deploy and Services. And then you have your settings to check-in to Git repositories for tracking and "easier" deployment.

However, each project needs its own customized plan, and there's currently no ultimate method. It's also going to take time for the DB vs. Code argument to resolve in the Drupal community. Drupal 8 or 9?