[support] multilanguage issues

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 08:46:10 UTC 2010

Hi all,
first post here.

I am setting up a multilanguage site and I have already installed
everything following one of the many tutorials available. It works
everything pretty fine, except a few issues and I would like to know if
I'm missing something.

*) in the "Site maintenance" page I'm experiencing an inconsistency
between languages. With the site on-line, the English version page says
it is off-line. I can change the status to "off-line", using for
instance the page in Italian, and then in the English page shows
"on-line". I have also a third and fourth language installed and they
seems to show always the right site status.

any hint?

*) regardless the language in use, when I do a search the response is
always in the language that has the lesser weight ("languages" page), in
my case French. Default language is _en.

*) what would be the best approach to show a specified block or a
specified newsletter (module "simplenews") only in a certain language?

thanks in advance

-- Giovanni --