[support] Domain Access

Pablo L. de Miranda pablolmiranda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 17:16:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 7:59 PM, Christopher M. Jones
<cjones at partialflow.com> wrote:
> +1 For the problem of other modules not playing nicely with DA. My own
> example: twitter, when it posts the url of new content, does not seem to
> respect the originating domain of the post. Instead all links in the
> tweet point to the primary domain. Which is a problem if the post is not
> published there.

Almost all modules, exception these that work with DA, use the
site_name variable. With DA you must use the global php variable
$_domain to get informations about the domain in use.

> -Generally- though, I find these problems are surmountable. And they are
> not problems with DA but with other modules not following best
> practices. Unfortunately, it's impossible to see ahead to anticipate
> these problems for spec'ing. So definitely pad your estimate.
> Also, I recently was disappointed that I couldn't use my hot new varnish
> / pressflow deployment with DA. DA is not compatible with aggressive or
> external caching, as noted on the performance page.

If a group start to migrate or to add support in others modules for
DA, this will be a new paradigm on Drupal adoption. DA has a great
potencial, but a community support is need..

Att,

Pablo Lacerda de Miranda
Engenheiro de Software
Ci&T - Campinas