[support] Getting Drupal6 running on Debian LAMP system

Neil Adair neiltadair at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 03:31:20 UTC 2010

I've installed Drupal many times on Debian servers (I also built the
servers) and I've never even thought about trying to install from .deb using
apt. They were always very outdated versions of Drupal. Install Drupal from
the tar file according to the Drupal install instructions on a Debian server
and it will work like a charm.

Neil