[support] Getting Drupal6 running on Debian LAMP system

Gary Roach gary719_list1 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 20 17:10:47 UTC 2010

I took Neal Adairs advice and used the tar.gz file. I also ripped out
the old installation and re-installed using XAMPP. Everything went
smoothly with all of the installation going into a new /opt directory. I
used phpmyadmin to create a "me" user and a "drupal" database. I then
ran http://localhost/drupal. Everything progressed in an orderly manner
until I got to the "Setup Database" item. I filled in the required data
and punched "Save and Continue."  The browser flashed done, the blank
form returned with no error messages but drupal didn't go to "Install
Site". I repeated this a couple of times with the same results. Any
suggestions.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Gary R.