[support] Getting Drupal6 running on Debian LAMP system

Maurice Mengel mauricemengel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 18:04:56 UTC 2010

A couple of questions come to mind

   - What do you get if go to http://localhost/index.php or
   http://localhost/drupal/index.php in our browser? (Assuming that you use
   standard port 80, local host and, possibly, as the url you provide suggests,
   drupal as a subdirectory in server root.)
   - If you look at database thru phpmyadmin you should be able to verify
   that database got populated with many tables. Right?
   - Did you set the necessary rights for database user and database? I
   think they are listed in INSTALL.TXT, or on d.o:
   http://drupal.org/getting-started/6/install/create-database

Maybe you just have a look at INSTALL.TXT.

best
maurice