[support] Getting Drupal6 running on Debian LAMP system

Maurice Mengel mauricemengel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 19:45:57 UTC 2010

After successfully running thru the update.php, drupal should have created
many tables inside the database. If it didn't, something is wrong. Usually
drupal tells me if it has any kind of problem with the database setup during
this step, but from what you say, it didn't complain. Hence a strange error.

I still guess it's due to the database rights. INSTALL.mysql.txt says you
need GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX, ALTER for
your database drupal and your user. I avoid phpmysql admin, so I don't know
how exactly to do this best with this tool. I don't know what "All, Grant"
means exactly. Does it really mean grant all rights? Are you sure you are
looking in the right db? Maybe need to flush privileges? Are you sure you
are looking at the right db? From what you said earlier it seems you called
it "drupal".

I think you are almost there and the next time it will be easier!

best
Maurice