[support] Select list from fields

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Mon Sep 20 23:46:18 UTC 2010

I have a number of content types which apparently cannot be concatenated
because I can't create appropriate Select Lists from any field in a
content Type.
One such contains names and contact details.

I find that drupal seems to be limited to creating select lists from
only the Title field of a content type which means no Select List on
first name or Last name, city or post code.
This seems to be a severe limitation in setting up an input form content
type.

Q1.
When creating a new content type, is there a way to create a select list
drop down from any or every field in a content type with out hard coding
the "Allowed Values"?

Q2. Can a view be used to create Select List drop down fields for a new
content type?

Who should be contacted with suggestion for Drupal UI improvement.

thanks in advance
Roger