[support] Is Drupal Appropriate for Our Site?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Sep 25 14:48:04 UTC 2010

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> For a simple, relatively static site, I'd probably go with Wordpress, for
> more complex ones, Drupal or maybe Plone (I've used all three, played with
> others).  The KISS principle applies to web sites, just like anything else
> - why eat administrative headaches if you don't need the extra
> functionality.

Miles,

   Thank you. I can also fix the css menus since almost all pages are static.

> For what it's worth, and since you asked - the web site does not present a
> clear image of who you are, and what you do - it takes work to dig that
> out.  My suggestion would be to really streamline the "who, what, where,
> when, why" message - one sentence that jumps out about what you do, and
> then make it really easy to find bios and case studies.  If you want to
> add value, some how-to material, and maybe a blog that provides useful,
> current information (someone may not be a prospect today but might be
> tomorrow if you keep them on the hook).

   I've made changes based on others' suggestions quite often and I suppose
that this time I lost some focus in the latest change. I'll definitely
return the descriptions of what we do for what markets to the index page.

> Hope this helps,

   Yes, it does.

Rich